In the last weeks of 2016, social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter became flooded with memes and GIFs mocking 2016 for being such a treacherous year. Perhaps this is something you agree or disagree with. Sure, we endured a rather emotional presidential election, or maybe we’re still grieving the deaths of some incredible figures: Prince, David Bowie, Princes Leia, and most importantly, Harambe… Just to name a few. But here at ConAm Building Co, we are confident that whatever doesn’t kill us (pun intended) will only make us stronger. Maybe we are biased, but we think 2016 was an incredible year, and here are a few reasons why.
In 2016, ConAm proudly partnered with Charity: water and sponsored six water projects. As builders, we are passionate about building communities that thrive and aiding those that are not in a position to do so. Through Charity: water, our donations will be used to build wells in villages without safe drinking water. These wells will bring an end to many waterborne diseases while encouraging growth and prosperity. These wells will not only impact but also save the lives of thousands of individuals across the globe.
This year, ConAm successfully completed 30 projects, totaling 900,000 square feet of work, entirely on-time and within budget. A thriving real estate market and 100 percent client return rate have allowed for substantial growth within our company. Not to mention, the development of new client and vendor relationships. This growth has led to diversity in project type and the addition of a few new team members. A few projects to highlight may include:
- Carrington Mortgage T.I. – 60,000 sf of office renovations
- Kallman T.I. – Complete renovation of existing 9,300 sf of office space with exterior structural upgrades
- Trillium Courtyard Redevelopment – 4 acre courtyard modernization
- USC Ophthalmology Clinic – 16,000 sf of medical and high-tech lab space
- Toyota of DTLA – 290,000 sf ground-up construction of Downtown Los Angeles’ newest car dealership
We few projects to look out for in 2017:
- USC Coliseum Remodel – Ground-up construction of a 19,000 sf building, serving as warehouse storage and office space
- Granville Retail Center – Significant structural, architectural, and façade upgrades to an existing 35,000 sf retail center
- Sunset Mixed-Use – Ground-up construction of 89,000 sf retail and Class A office space. Eight total tiers with four tiers of subterranean parking
On January 1st, we launched our new website. We worked diligently with the incredible team at 1 EZ Consulting to design a site that portrayed our personality and passions while showcasing a number of our works. Our new site features a compilation of videos, photos and narratives produced in-house to ensure authenticity. Some changes you might notice:
- Video feed to give a more intimate look into our jobsites
- Parallax scrolling to add depth to our page
- “Mission & Vision” page to showcase our goals and passions
- “Executive Team” page to introduce you to our highly-experienced team of experts
- “Areas of Expertise” pages give a more in-depth look at our versatility and services
- “Projects” pages give a brief look at our portfolio and how we are rebuilding our communities
- “One Project – One Village” page introduces our charity platform
ConAm also launched a social media platform. Nowadays, it is not unusual for our clients and vendors to engage in social media. Whether it be for personal enjoyment or a strategic career plan, it seems that the social media world has impacted each of us to some degree. According to Socialmediatoday, fifty-two percent of small businesses use social media to communicate with their clients or to advertise their services. It is no doubt that platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn have become society’s main force in marketing, so we too seized the marketing opportunity and have loved sharing our projects, goals and passions with you.
2016 has come and gone, and 2017 is already making quite the impression. In 2017, we have quite a few things to look forward to. This year, ConAm turns twenty! As a team, we are thrilled to celebrate twenty years of relationships and growth while continuing to share our passion for building a better community. We are also proud to announce new charitable collaborations will be taking place, as we support new causes aiming to solve and prevent crisis around the world. So yes, 2016 set the bar pretty high… but with so much on the horizon, we have no doubt this year will be one for the books.